Job Description – Research Manager
Crescendo Consulting Group is a boutique consulting firm specializing in community needs assessments, strategic planning, evaluations, and HUD consolidated plans. Its clients include hospitals, health systems, behavioral health treatment organizations, public health departments, community action agencies, municipalities, and other organizations across the United States. Crescendo’s mission is to positively change the lives of the people, organizations, and communities we serve through an integrated set of consulting and management services. In the recent years, Crescendo has worked with clients in Maine, New Hampshire, Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, and more. For more information about the firm, please visit our website www.crescendocg.com.
Crescendo Consulting Group is seeking a high-energy, independent, and enthusiastic data-focused individual for the position of Research Manager working at their Westbrook, Maine office or remotely within the United States.
The primary focus of the position is to conduct quantitative and qualitative research. The individual must have a strong understanding and experience working with data and analyzing data tables, especially health care-related data. Individual must understand basic biostatistics with advanced skills in Excel. Experience with SPSS or similar software is ideal.
The individual will also conduct qualitative research, such as focus groups and stakeholder interviews and design surveys. The Individual will analyze quantitative and qualitative research findings and write reports for clients. The Research Manager will also be responsible for the quality control process of the research cycle.
Candidates with project management experience will have the opportunity to manage projects as well. The Research Manager will be required to travel to client sites as needed within the United States. Expected client travel is approximately up to one week a month depending on project needs. The Research Manager reports to the Managing Principal.
The successful candidate will have excellent data analysis and communications skills, thorough attention to detail, and strong writing and organizational skills. Being resourceful, creative, analytical, team-oriented, and intellectually curious are also important attributes.
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, including the U.S. Census Bureau, CDC, SAMHSA, HUD, state health departments, and other sources.
- Create and analyze community surveys.
- Use SPSS to conduct cross-tabulation analysis or similar analysis of survey data.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and focus groups via the telephone, Zoom, or in-person.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to write a comprehensive summary report.
- Serve as the quality control lead to review data in all client reports.
- Participate in client project meetings.
- Client travel within the United States is required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of relevant experience in healthcare or similar data-focused industries
- Strong understanding of public health, healthcare, and/or housing data
- Strong data analytics skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications, including report writing
- Demonstrated advanced competency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects
- Must be able to work legally within the United States
Non-required but beneficial skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Master’s degree in public health, data science, business or similar field
- Strong understanding of social determinants of health and core public health competencies
- Experience conducting community needs assessments or similar research
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience conducting interviews and/or focus groups
- Full-time salary with PTO and paid holidays
- Performance-based annual bonuses
- Company-paid (100%) employee health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Simple IRA with company match
- Professional development stipend
- Dog-friendly office in Westbrook, Maine
Salary will be based on work experience and skillset. Salary range is $60,000-$80,000.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Katelyn Michaud – KatelynM@crescendocg.com
Individuals invited to interview will be required to submit a writing and data analysis sample.