Crescendo Consulting Group has been a leading provider of
Community Needs Assessment services for more than 20 years.
As the importance of the assessment
process has grown, so too has the range of potential applications and
geographic diversity. Crescendo has provided assessments in some of the
nation’s most challenging regions, as well as some of the most affluent in
every region of the county from Florida to Alaska and Maine to California.
In our select client list by service category, you will see
that some examples of work with small and large healthcare systems, Public
Health Departments, municipalities, Sovereign Tribal Nations, and others across
Client and Assessment Types
The firm’s community-based, integrated Assessment as Action Health Improvement Cycle© design helps develop highly inclusive, thorough assessments that drive community improvements
Some of the many organizations and types of Community Needs Assessments the firm has conducted include:
- Hospitals and healthcare systems that conduct either Community Health Assessments (CHAs) or Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNAs) to ensure compliance with IRS requirements that organizations that operate one or more hospitals must conduct a CHNA at least once every three years, to retain its tax-exempt status as a section 501(c)(3) organization.
- Community Action Agencies and Other Organizations that require a Community Needs Assessment (CNA) as part of their funding or reporting requirements for Community Service Block Grants (CSBG) and Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).
- Public Sector – City, County, State, Regional, and Native Tribal Entities that are constructing focused analyses of issues related to poverty, and other social determinants of well-being to capitalize on community strengths while efficiently addressing prioritized needs.
- Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Providers, such as Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs) and others who need Community Behavioral Health Needs Assessments to achieve or maintain certification and to implement effective strategies to address broad-based and/or urgent issues.
About Assessment as Action Health Improvement Cycle
Crescendo’s Assessment as Action© model establishes a continuous process improvement framework. The model works to identify community strengths and prioritize service gaps, needs, and barriers; develop and implement programs; collect process and outcomes data, and revise programs and strategies to better address core issues.
The model simultaneously engages community members and uses data to create a positive cycle of change. It also develops a deeper understanding of community challenges, and, enables partners to coalesce around – and act upon – the opportunities for population health improvement.
Our Innovative Approaches
Crescendo remains on the leading edge of methodological innovation with tools that enhance the value and utility of your Assessment. The firm’s expertise in community engagement, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Trauma Informed Care enhance each of the specific methodologies noted below.
Crescendo modifies the project methodology for every engagement based on a client’s unique needs and the community’s unique characteristics. However, Crescendo’s core approach includes:
- Primary qualitative research with key stakeholders, service providers, and other community members utilizing One-to-one Interviews, focus group meetings (in person and virtual), and other techniques.
- Geo-demographic secondary data collection and analysis. Where possible, Crescendo will deploy statistical analysis and forecasting tools to help anticipate future needs.
- Prioritization of the community needs and service gaps using a proprietary approach that builds consensus around the results and lays the foundation for action.
- Clear, well-cited, and easily deployable reports and supporting materials.
- Ongoing support and assistance, as needed.