Crescendo Consulting Group has been a leading provider of Community Needs Assessments services for over 20 years. Crescendo continues to provide assessments in some of the nation’s most challenging regions, as well as some of the most affluent.
Crescendo consultants have a breadth of expertise and have conducted assessments for healthcare facilities, Public Health Departments, municipalities, and others across the country. The firm’s community-based, integrated design helps develop highly inclusive, thorough assessments that drive community health. The firm’s Assessment as Action Health Improvement Cycle© embeds assessments in the client’s ongoing work and dovetails it with community outreach and improvement initiatives.
What We Do
Crescendo conducts Community Needs Assessments across the country for:
Hospitals and healthcare facilities requiring a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) as required by Section 9007(a) of the Affordable Care Act
Community Service Block Grants (CSBG) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) organizations requiring a Community Needs Assessment (CNA) as part of funding or reporting requirements.
Public Sector / Municipalities – County, City, State, Regional Health and Social Service entities constructing a focused analysis of issues related to poverty, and other “social determinants of health” issues in order to capitalize on community strengths while efficiently addressing prioritized needs.
Public sector organizations and direct care providers developing Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Community Health Needs Assessments to develop and implement effective strategies to address broad-based and/or urgent issues.
About Assessment as Action Health Improvement Cycle
Crescendo’s Assessment as Action© model establishes a continuous process improvement framework. The model works to identify community strengths and prioritized service gaps, needs, and barriers; develop and implement programs; collect process and outcomes data, and revise programs and strategies to better address core issues.
The model simultaneously engages community partners and uses data to create a positive cycle of change. It also develops a deeper understanding of community challenges, and, 2) enables partners to coalesce around – and act upon – the opportunities for population health improvement.
Crescendo remains on the leading edge of methodological innovation that adds value and impact to the Assessment. The firm’s expertise in community engagement, Trauma Informed Care, stakeholder engagement, data analysis and forecasting, needs / service gap prioritization, and digital and social media make Crescendo highly unique.
Crescendo modifies the methodology for every engagement based on a client’s unique needs and the community’s unique characteristics. However, Crescendo’s core approach includes the following:
- Primary research with key stakeholders, service providers, and other community members.
- Interviews, focus group meetings, and other conversations with consumers.
- Analysis of Near-Real Time (NRT) of digital and social media data using proprietary tools and algorithms.
- Review of secondary data and other existing materials. Where possible, Crescendo will deploy statistical analysis and forecasting tools to help anticipate future needs.
- Prioritization of the community needs and service gaps using a proprietary approach that builds consensus around the results and lays the foundation for action.
- Clear, well-cited, and easily deployable report and supporting materials.
- Ongoing support and assistance, as needed.