For more than a decade, Crescendo Consulting Group has been on the forefront of developing population health-based strategic planning, needs assessment, and research approaches throughout the United States. If organizations are to succeed in reducing the high costs of health care while improving the health of individuals and communities, there is a need to take a holistic approach to research and planning.
The foundation of Crescendo’s work includes data analysis methods, inclusive community engagement techniques, in-depth root cause and social vulnerability analysis, and research systems built to improve community health and wellness not just evaluate it. The firm’s Assessment as Action Health Improvement Cycle© helps drive research that leads to clear, focus actions that maintain or improve population health.
What We Do
Crescendo provides a variety of population health and market research services including:
- Strategic planning and support for organizations working to better align services with target market needs and to improve operational efficiency.
- Community engagement research to capitalize on core strengths and assets to effectively address poverty, social barriers, access to services, and lifestyle challenges.
- Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Benchmarking, Assessments, and Collaboratives that establish a venue in which providers can confidentially share best practices and work to improve operational efficiency
- Community Needs Assessments (including health system Community Health Needs Assessments, Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Assessments, poverty alleviation / Social Determinants of Health-style analyses, and others) to help clients more effectively and efficiently align resources to address high priority community health needs.
- Subject Matter Expert interviews and segment analysis research to help identify strategies that better address opportunities or illuminate strategic issues that will drive future growth.
Crescendo modifies the methodology for every engagement based on a client’s unique needs and the community’s unique characteristics. However, Crescendo’s core approach includes the following:
- Secondary data research and statistical analysis designed to identify correlations and build projections, as well as to construct insightful community profiles.
- Primary research with key stakeholders, community and health system leaders, neighborhood leaders, service providers, and other community members.
- Interviews, group meetings, and other conversations with consumers and community members.
- Analysis of Social Determinants of Health measures such as poverty and the economy, access to services, employment, education, the political climate, physical environmental issues, housing, psychosocial issues, transportation and others.
- Prioritization of the community needs and service gaps in a way that builds consensus around the results and lays the foundation for action.
- Clear, well-cited, and easily deployable report and supporting materials.
- Ongoing support and assistance, as needed.