The Harbor Performance Initiative (HPI) is comprised of some of the nation’s leading non-profit behavioral health hospitals and behavioral health units within acute care medical hospitals. The HPI is unified in its common goal of improving quality and enhancing operational best practices in a rapidly changing healthcare and reimbursement environment. The initiative seeks to:
- Improve patient care and organizational performance by providing a venue where leading organizations can share de-identified data for benchmarking, operational insights, and strategies.
- Provide opportunities that lead to the sharing of information and drive changes that positively impact performance.
Value of Membership in HPI
By utilizing the HPI benchmarking and learning collaborative principles, member organizations can improve patient care and performance eﬃciencies. The HPI structure allows all participants to be both leaders and learners. The program highlights some of the nation’s best practices in behavioral health, enabling participating organizations to:
- Eﬃciently learn how peer organizations manage similar challenges;
- Build a network of colleagues who can assist with strategic issues, tactical / unit-level issues, staffing matters, others;
- Benchmark performance on key measures against leading U.S. facilities;
- Cooperatively develop strategies to improve performance on key measures;
- Collaboratively learn about and establish best practices to respond to urgent or emergent issues (e.g., COVID-19) in behavioral health; and,
- Establish ongoing dialogue with a highly regarded peer group committed to learning and sharing strategies that improve operational eﬃciencies and impact the quality of care.
This type of dialogue and best practice sharing within HPI can lead to lower costs, enhanced reimbursement, and more eﬀective and eﬃcient care.
Joining the HPI at this time provides a unique opportunity to begin utilizing the measures, processes, and activities that have assisted HPI members to make solid performance improvements year over year.
To learn more, contact Scott Good at email@example.com or 207-774-2345 x115.
Current HPI Organizations
- Avera McKennan Behavioral Health Center, Sioux Falls, SD
- Banner Health, Scottsdale, AZ
- BayCare Health System, Tampa, FL
- Baystate Health, Springfield, MA
- Butler Hospital , Providence, RI
- Cone Health, Greensboro, NC
- CoxHealth, Springfield, MO
- Lakeland Regional Health, Lakeland, FL
- Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, Naperville, IL
- McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA
- MidCoast Hospital, Brunswick, ME
- Northern Light Acadia Hospital, Bangor, ME
- Parkview Health, Fort Wayne, IN
- Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health, Princeton, NJ
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Grand Rapids, MI
- Riverview Psychiatric Center, Augusta, ME
- Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care, Piscataway, NJ
- Saint Luke’s Hospital Crittenton Children’s Center, Kansas City, MO
- Shodair Children’s Hospital, Helena, MT
- Southern Maine Health Care, Biddeford, ME
- Spring Harbor Hospital, Westbrook, ME
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, ME
- Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital, New Haven, CT